(Note: This program is different than the one described above.)
During this 5-day experience, the children will turn the woods into their own woodland hospital! Equipped with stretchers and herbal remedies, the children will learn and explore basic wilderness first aid through this grand-scale play experience.
June 22-26, 9:00-12:00 pm, 8-12 year olds.
Each day will provide new opportunities for sensory-motor development, social engagement, problem solving, connections to health sciences, imagination & creativity, and so much more! Kids will also explore the natural world and have ample time for child-led play!
- TimberNook programs maintain a 6:1 child to adult ratio. All team members are background checked and finger printed. A team member will always be certified in first aid and CPR. A port-a-john or camp toilet is available.
- The specifics about this program will be e-mailed to you a few days in advance.
- This is a drop-off program. Drop off begins 5 minutes before the program start time.
- This program is 100% outdoors. Weather appropriate attire is required.
- Age ranges are flexible, please inquire to determine if this program is a good fit for your child.
- We are located on the back wooded property of First Baptist Church Imperial Lakes 1905 Shepherd Rd., Lakeland FL 33811.
Is this program a good fit for your child?
Is your child able to function with a 1:6 adult-to-child ratio?
Is your child able to stay within the general, unfenced group area in the woods?
Is your child able to maintain personal safety with adults notably stepped back and NOT within arm’s reach.
Is your child able to maintain appropriate behavior that does not endanger the safety or compromise the play of other children?
Is your child fully independent with self-care skills, such as toileting, clothing changes, and feeding?
Please contact us if you have questions or if your child has unique needs to determine if our program is a good fit.
TimberNook West Central Florida
Woodland ER – June 22-26 – TimberNook West Central Florida
Jun 22 - Jun 26
Times: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Ages: 8 - 12
Angela Rosenburg, OTD, OTR/L
Capacity: 13 (13 spots left)
$160.00 per child