We will be following Vermont Health and American Camp Association Guidelines for operation in response to COVID-19. See our policies HERE.
Teen/Tween Going Wild– Survival Island Adventure Challenge
Call all Tweens & Teens! This program is designed for adventurers, artists, creative thinkers and those looking to unplug for some screen-free outdoor fun. Castaway for a Survivor Island adventure where nature meets technology. We’ll embark on quests & challenges based off of familiar video games and game shows, learning outdoor survival skills along the way.
Program date: July 25-29
Ages: 10-14 years
When deciding if this program will be a good fit for your child, please take the following into consideration:
- We maintain, on average, a 1:6 where the role of the adult is to step back and tune in. Wonder Roots staff maintains visual contact with children, but may be out of arm’s reach. Staff allows children the opportunity to build conflict resolution skills, and they will step in when safety is a factor.
- We expect children to maintain visual contact of a Wonder Roots staff person, stay within the designated (unfenced) boundaries within our site, and manage their needs (such as eating, drinking fluids, using the restroom).
- We understand that children are individuals and sometimes have varying abilities and unique needs. If your child requires additional support, please contact us to make a plan.
Other helpful information:
- All team members are background checked. A team member will always be certified in first aid and CPR. Indoor toilets are available.
- The specifics about this program will be e-mailed to you a few days in advance.
- This is a drop-off program. Drop off begins at 8:55 am and all children should be picked up by 3:05 pm.
- This program is 100% outdoors. Weather appropriate attire is required.
- This program is located on 95 Allen Rd. South Burlington, VT.
For more information, please contact us at [email protected] or 716.912.3876
TimberNook of Greater Burlington
Going Wild– Survival Island Adventure – TimberNook of Greater Burlington
Jul 25 - Jul 29
Times: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Ages: 10 - 14
95 Allen Rd. South Burlington, VT 05403
$298.00 per child