This drop-off forest play program is for the PD Day November 12th from 9am until 3pm for ages 4-8ish. Children MUST BE 4 at minimum to attend due to the childcare act. The goal of our program is to offer grand scale play experiences to engage children’s mind, body and senses. Our forest play program is inclusive; we are a safe place for children and families of all abilities, backgrounds, belief systems, and sexual orientations.
COVID procedures will be in place and can be obtained through email. Here are some basics:
- altered pick up and drop-off procedures in place
- frequent cleaning of bathroom
- heightened cleaning/disinfection throughout the day
- staff wear masks within 6′ of any participants
- cohort size limited to 12-24 children/outdoor classroom depending on protocol at the time of the program
- masks not required outdoors; this is subject to change depending on protocol at the time of the program.
- some activities/materials modified
- NO REFUNDS will be issued for illness, quarantine, weather or any other reason. In the event that we have to close due to lockdown or staff quarantine, you will be offered 100% credit or 90% refund. Credit/make up classes are ONLY issued in the event that TimberNook Elgin has to cancel classes; if a child has to miss a class due to illness, quarantine or any other reason there will be no refunds, credit or transfer of class.
This Elgin County forest play program runs in all weather conditions so children must dress appropriately and bring their own food (pack lots!). We are an inclusive program and welcome children of all abilities. When deciding if this program will be a good fit for your child, please take the following into consideration:
- We maintain a 6:1 child/adult ratio where the role of the adult is to step back and tune in. TimberNook staff maintains visual contact with children, but may be out of arm’s reach. Staff allows children the opportunity to build conflict resolution skills, but will step in when as required such as when safety is a factor.
- We expect children to maintain visual contact of a TimberNook staff person, stay within the designated (unfenced) boundaries of our site, and manage their needs (such as eating, drinking fluids and using the restroom).
- We understand that children are individuals and sometimes have varying abilities and unique needs. If your child requires additional support, please contact us to make a plan. If the child requires 1:1 support to attend, you must provide the support person as we are unable to meet this level of supervision within the program.
If this program is full or cost is prohibitive, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Wild Ones – TimberNook Elgin PD DAY NOV 12
Nov 12 - Nov 12
Times: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Ages: 4 - 8
4220 Thomas Road, Port Stanley, ON N5L1J2
Capacity: 18 (0 spots left)
$45.00 per child
We are sorry but this program is full. Please contact the provider to be put on the waitlist.