This Elgin County Nature program is a wild adventure for children that is developed and led by Occupational Therapists. Little Wild Ones is a drop-off program for children ages 4-8 who are not attending school (children may not be attending in-person school due to COVID protocols. We will reevaluate this protocol closer to September). This program will run on Tuesday afternoons from September 14th to December 14th from 1:00-4:00pm. The child MUST be a minimum of 4 years old on the first day of the program. The cost of the program is $33/day x 14 days= $462. The registration payment will be made in two instalments: $250 non-refundable deposit due upon registration and $212 due October 31st. Once you have paid the non-refundable deposit, you have committed to paying for the full session and there is no credit or refunds to withdraw if you decide to put your child back in school or withdraw for any other reason. Do not register unless you are sure your child is not attending school this fall.
This program is a great homeschool, unschool or kindergarten alternative for those looking for learning opportunities outside four walls. It is also a great opportunity to complement therapy for children with motor, sensory or other developmental challenges. Our nature program is inclusive; we are a safe place for children and families of all abilities, backgrounds, belief systems, and sexual orientations.
COVID procedures will be in place and can be obtained through email. Here are some basics:
- altered pick up and drop-off procedures in place
- frequent cleaning of bathroom
- heightened cleaning/disinfection throughout the day
- staff wear masks within 6′ of any participants
- cohort size limited to 12-24 children/outdoor classroom depending on protocol at the time of the program
- masks not required within 6′ of others; this is subject to change depending on protocol at the time of the program.
- some activities/materials modified
- NO REFUNDS will be issued for illness, quarantine, weather or any other reason. In the event that we have to close due to lockdown or staff quarantine, class will be made up in the summer. Credit/make up classes are ONLY issued in the event that TimberNook Elgin has to cancel classes; if a child has to miss a class due to illness, quarantine or any other reason there will be no refunds, credit or transfer of class.
This Elgin County nature program runs in all weather conditions so children must dress appropriately and bring their own food (pack lots!). We are an inclusive program and welcome children of all abilities. When deciding if this program will be a good fit for your child, please take the following into consideration:
- We maintain a 6:1 child/adult ratio where the role of the adult is to step back and tune in. TimberNook staff maintains visual contact with children, but may be out of arm’s reach. Staff allows children the opportunity to build conflict resolution skills, but will step in when as required such as when safety is a factor.
- We expect children to maintain visual contact of a TimberNook staff person, stay within the designated (unfenced) boundaries of our site, and manage their needs (such as eating, drinking fluids and using the restroom).
- We understand that children are individuals and sometimes have varying abilities and unique needs. If your child requires additional support, please contact us to make a plan. If the child requires 1:1 support to attend, you must provide the support person as we are unable to meet this level of supervision within the program.
If this program is full or cost is prohibitive, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Wild Ones – TimberNook Elgin Fall Semester Tuesdays
Sep 14 - Dec 14
Times: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Ages: 4 - 8
4220 Thomas Road, Port Stanley, ON N5L1J2
Capacity: 19 (5 spots left)
$205.00 per child