**FULL** Please email us to be added to the waitlist firstname.lastname@example.org
This Elgin County Nature program is a wild adventure for children that is developed and led by Occupational Therapists. Little Wild Ones is a drop-off nature program for children ages 4-8. It runs EVERY OTHER Thursday afternoon through the summer from July 8th until September 2nd from 1pm-4pm. Children MUST be 4 years old by the first day of programming to attend due to the Childcare Act. Price is $175+HST.
This program is a great was to continue learning throughout the summer through play! It is also a great opportunity to complement therapy for children with motor, sensory or other developmental challenges. Our nature program is inclusive; we are a safe place for children and families of all abilities, backgrounds, belief systems, and sexual orientations.
COVID procedures will be in place and can be obtained through email. Here are some basics:
- altered pick up and drop-off procedures in place
- frequent cleaning of bathroom
- heightened cleaning/disinfection throughout the day
- adults wear face shields and masks within 6′ of any participants
- cohort size limited to 12 children/outdoor classroom
- masks not required outdoors, but will be required in the event that we have to weather indoors for a storm. This may change depending on fluctuating regulations.
- some activities/materials modified
- NO REFUNDS will be issued for illness, quarantine, weather or any other reason. In the event that we have to close due to lockdown or staff quarantine, families will have the option to opt for 100% credit or 90% refund. If a child has to miss a class due to illness, quarantine or any other reason there will be no refunds, credit or transfer of class.
This Elgin County nature program runs in all weather conditions so children must dress appropriately and bring their own food (pack lots!). We are an inclusive program and welcome children of all abilities. When deciding if this program will be a good fit for your child, please take the following into consideration:
- We maintain a 6:1 child/adult ratio where the role of the adult is to step back and tune in. TimberNook staff maintains visual contact with children, but may be out of arm’s reach. Staff allows children the opportunity to build conflict resolution skills, but will step in when as required such as when safety is a factor.
- We expect children to maintain visual contact of a TimberNook staff person, stay within the designated (unfenced) boundaries of our site, and manage their needs (such as eating, drinking fluids and using the restroom).
- We understand that children are individuals and sometimes have varying abilities and unique needs. If your child requires additional support, please contact us to make a plan. If the child requires 1:1 support to attend, you must provide the support person as we are unable to meet this level of supervision within the program.
If cost is prohibitive, please contact us to inquire about subsidy. Please get in touch if you or someone you know would like to subsidize a spot for families who cannot attend at full cost.
If this program is full, please email us to be added to the waitlist email@example.com
Little Wild Ones – TimberNook Elgin Summer Session
Jul 8 - Sep 2
Times: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Ages: 4 - 8
4220 Thomas Road, Port Stanley, ON N5L1J2
Capacity: 22 (0 spots left)
$158.00 per child
We are sorry but this program is full. Please contact the provider to be put on the waitlist.