This Elgin County Nature program is a wild adventure for children that is developed and led by Occupational Therapists. Little Wild Ones is a drop-off program for children ages 4-8 who are not attending school (children may not be attending in-person school due to COVID protocols). It runs Monday afternoons from 1:30-4:30pm from March 1st- June 14th (no class April 5th for Easter or May 24th for Victoria Day). Please note that the program session will be a full semester this time instead of 6 weeks; The total cost of the program is $462 plus HST= $522.06 which will be made in two payments of $300 and $222.06. Once you have made the first payment, you have committed to the full semester. The second payment of $222.06 is due April 15th. Please do not register if you are not committed to the full session. If cost is prohibitive, please get in touch.
This program is a great homeschool, unschool or kindergarten alternative for those looking for learning opportunities outside four walls. It is also a great opportunity to complement therapy for children with motor, sensory or other developmental challenges. Our nature program is inclusive; we are a safe place for children and families of all abilities, backgrounds, belief systems, and sexual orientations.
COVID procedures will be in place and can be obtained through email. Here are some basics:
- altered pick up and drop-off procedures in place
- frequent cleaning of bathroom
- heightened cleaning/disinfection throughout the day
- adults wear face shields and masks within 6′ of any participants
- cohort size limited to 12 children/outdoor classroom
- masks not required outdoors, but will be required in the event that we have to weather indoors for a storm. This may change depending on fluctuating regulations.
- some activities/materials modified
- NO REFUNDS will be issued for illness, quarantine, weather or any other reason. In the event that we have to close due to lockdown or staff quarantine, classes will be made up in the summer. Credit/make up classes are ONLY issued in the event that TimberNook Elgin has to cancel classes; if a child has to miss a class due to illness, quarantine or any other reason there will be no refunds, credit or transfer of class.
This Elgin County nature program runs in all weather conditions so children must dress appropriately and bring their own food (pack lots!). We are an inclusive program and welcome children of all abilities. When deciding if this program will be a good fit for your child, please take the following into consideration:
- We maintain a 6:1 child/adult ratio where the role of the adult is to step back and tune in. TimberNook staff maintains visual contact with children, but may be out of arm’s reach. Staff allows children the opportunity to build conflict resolution skills, but will step in when as required such as when safety is a factor.
- We expect children to maintain visual contact of a TimberNook staff person, stay within the designated (unfenced) boundaries of our site, and manage their needs (such as eating, drinking fluids and using the restroom).
- We understand that children are individuals and sometimes have varying abilities and unique needs. If your child requires additional support, please contact us to make a plan. If the child requires 1:1 support to attend, you must provide the support person as we are unable to meet this level of supervision within the program.
We have two subsidized spots available courtesy of TimberNook Elgin and generous donors. Please contact us to apply, but please know that we cannot hold spots so the program may be full if your child is not selected for one of the subsidized spots. Please get in touch if you or someone you know would like to subsidize a spot.
If this program is full, please email us to be added to the waitlist firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Wild Ones – TimberNook Elgin Winter/Spring Semester
Mar 15 - Jun 14
Times: 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Ages: 4 - 8
4220 Thomas Road, Port Stanley, ON N5L1J2
Capacity: 18 (0 spots left)
$151.00 per child
We are sorry but this program is full. Please contact the provider to be put on the waitlist.