Little Wild Ones is a drop-off program for children ages 4-9 who are not attending school. It runs Monday afternoons from 1:30-4:30pm for 6 Monday’s from September 21st to November 2nd (excluding Thanksgiving Monday October 12th). This program is a great homeschool, unschool or kindergarten alternative for those looking for learning opportunities outside four walls. It is also a great opportunity to complement therapy for children with motor, sensory or other developmental challenges.
COVID procedures will be in place and can be obtained through email. Here are some basics:
- altered pick up and drop-off procedures in place
- cleaning of bathroom between each use
- heightened cleaning/disinfection throughout the day
- adults wear face shields within 6′
- cohort size limited to 12 children/outdoor classroom
- masks not required outdoors, but will be required in the event that we have to weather indoors for a storm
- some activities/materials modified
- NO REFUNDS will be issued for illness, quarantine, weather or any other reason. CREDIT ONLY!
This program runs in all weather conditions so children must dress appropriately and bring their own food (pack lots!). We are an inclusive program and welcome children of all abilities. When deciding if this program will be a good fit for your child, please take the following into consideration:
- We maintain a 6:1 child/adult ratio where the role of the adult is to step back and tune in. TimberNook staff maintains visual contact with children, but may be out of arm’s reach. Staff allows children the opportunity to build conflict resolution skills, and they will step in when safety is a factor.
- We expect children to maintain visual contact of a TimberNook staff person, stay within the designated (unfenced) boundaries within our site, and manage their needs (such as eating, drinking fluids, using the restroom).
- We understand that children are individuals and sometimes have varying abilities and unique needs. If your child requires additional support, please contact us to make a plan. If the child requires 1:1 support to attend, you must provide the support person as we are unable to meet this level of supervision within this program.
We have two subsidized spots available via TimberNook Elgin and the Port Stanley Lioness Club. Please contact us to apply, but please know that we cannot hold spots so the program may be full if your child is not selected for one of the subsidized spots.
Please email us to be added to the waitlist if program is full.
Little Wild Ones – TimberNook Elgin Early Fall 2020
Sep 21 - Nov 2
Times: 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Ages: 4 - 9
4220 Thomas Road, Port Stanley, ON N5L1J2
Capacity: 25 (2 spots left)
$135.00 per child