In addition to our TimberNook experience your Tamariki will also enjoy hours of play in our creek, and form fast friendships as together they experience epic adventures through the Regional Park to our waterfall, clamber up and over our new rope wall, then splash over several rivers as they make their way to the boundary bridge to spy and feed our resident eels. Each day is concluded around the fire circle as we gather to share about experiences, sing and cook over a fire.
Tamariki will get wet and muddy during their TimberNook experiences and the New Zealand weather is variable all year round in consideration of this please bring to TimberNook:
- Large lunch and plenty of snacks and a water bottle
- Three full changes of clothes including non-cotton layers of wool or polypro.
- A warm jacket
- Swimming clothes and a towel (rash tops and board shorts/wetsuit or togs)
- Sunscreen and bug spray if you prefer your own
- Shoes suitable for getting wet and a spare pair to go home. Gumboots do tend to fill with water and wet gumboots do rub on bare legs, river shoes or an old pair of trainers are suitable for crossing rivers and playing in the creek if your tamariki are not inclined to wear bare feet.
- A large bag for transporting wet items home
TimberNook Wellington site has a Woolshed Classroom which is available for shelter when required, there is drinking water available to refill bottles, flushable toilets and hand-washing. Our location in the Regional Park is out of cell phone reception and GPS frequently sends new families to a different location. TimberNook Wellington is located at the very end of Stratton Street in Normandale, park your vehicle in the top carpark and walk one minute down the Old Coach track to arrive at the Woolshed Classroom.
Transport may be available for tamariki from Eastbourne and Lower Hutt War Memorial Libraries to Timbernook and back at an additional charge. Places are limited! Please text Lisa Lily on 02102416770 with your child’s full name, the Timbernook program name and the dates that you are requesting transport, as well as the location for drop off and pick up.
Departs Eastbourne Library 8.30 am
Departs Lower Hutt War Memorial traffic dependant 8.45 am
Arrives Lower Hutt War Memorial traffic dependant 3.45 pm
Arrives Eastbourne Library traffic dependant 4 pm
TimberNook Wellington provides a staff member free of charge to support your tamariki on the shuttle or in TimberNooks own vehicles. The fixed daily charge for the shuttle service is $15 per child. If your booking is transport dependant please book early. You will receive text confirmation and an invoice for the service two weeks prior to program commencement.
Enchanted – TimberNook Wellington
Dec 16 - Dec 18
Times: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Ages: 4 - 11
End of Stratton Street, Belmont Regional Park, Normandale
$195.00 per child