A week-long adventure where children’s survival instincts and imagination are challenged. “Stranded” on a deserted island, children are given only the bare essentials to make their own little world in the woods. Each day is filled with adventure and excitement as the theme unfolds and children build huts, tools, rafts, and more!
June 8-12, 9:00-12:00, 8-12 year olds.
Every day brings a whole new adventure that challenges sensory motor development, social engagement, collaboration and conflict resolution, imagination, problem solving, creativity, and so much more! Kids will also explore the natural world and have ample time for child-led play! Currently limited to 10 due to COVID-19 restrictions. Additional spots will be made available if restrictions are lifted. Maximum capacity is 18 kids.
- TimberNook programs maintain a 6:1 child to adult ratio. All team members are background checked and finger printed. A team member will always be certified in first aid and CPR. A port-a-john or camp toilet is available.
- The specifics about this program will be e-mailed to you a few days in advance.
- This is a drop-off program. Drop off begins 5 minutes before the program start and all children should be picked up promptly at the end of the program.
- This program is 100% outdoors. Weather appropriate attire is required.
- Age ranges are flexible. Please inquire to determine if this is a good fit for your child.
- We are located on the back wooded property of First Baptist Church Imperial Lakes 1905 Shepherd Rd., Lakeland FL 33811.
Is this program a good fit for your child?
Is your child able to function with a 1:6 adult-to-child ratio?
Is your child able to stay within the general, unfenced group area in the woods?
Is your child able to maintain personal safety with adults notably stepped back and NOT within arm’s reach.
Is your child able to maintain appropriate behavior that does not endanger the safety or compromise the play of other children?
Is your child fully independent with self-care skills, such as toileting, clothing changes, and feeding?
Please contact us if you have questions or if your child has unique needs to determine if our program is a good fit.
TimberNook West Central Florida
Castaways – June 8-12 – TimberNook West Central Florida
Jun 8 - Jun 12
Times: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Ages: 8 - 12
1905 Shepherd Rd., Lakeland FL 33811
Angela Rosenburg, OTD, OTR/L
Capacity: 9 (2 spots left)
$160.00 per child