**FULL** This Elgin County summer camp allows our younger group to immerse themselves in their own tiny village which they will create over the week to include a post office, doctor’s office, their homes and so much more.
Please read this information carefully prior to registering your child. This HALF DAY Elgin County summer camp is for children ages 4-7, but the ages may be flexible to accommodate siblings- please send us an email prior to registration if this is an issue for you. This nature program runs 9am-1pm and children MUST be 4 years old by the first day of the program to register due to the Childcare Act guidelines. Price is $200 +HST.
Our program is inclusive; we are a safe place for children and families of all abilities, backgrounds, belief systems, and sexual orientations. Children are required to bring their own food; families will be notified of allergies prior to the program.
COVID procedures will be in place and can be obtained through email. Here are some basics:
- altered pick up and drop-off procedures in place
- frequent cleaning of bathroom
- heightened cleaning/disinfection throughout the day
- adults wear face shields and masks within 6′ of any participants
- cohort size limited to 12 children/outdoor classroom if required (or whatever guidelines suggest at the time of camp)
- masks not required outdoors, but will be required in the event that we have to weather indoors for a storm. This may change depending on fluctuating regulations.
- some activities/materials modified
- REFUND POLICY- In the event that we have to close due to lockdown , you will be offered a 90% refund or 100% credit. Credit is ONLY issued in the event that TimberNook Elgin has to cancel the program; if a child has to miss a class due to illness, quarantine or any other reason there will be no refunds, credit or transfer of class.
When deciding if this program will be a good fit for your child, please take the following into consideration:
- We maintain a 6:1 child/adult ratio where the role of the adult is to step back and tune in. TimberNook staff maintains visual contact with children, but may be out of arm’s reach. Staff allows children the opportunity to build conflict resolution skills, but will step in when as required such as when safety is a factor.
- We expect children to maintain visual contact of a TimberNook staff person, stay within the designated (unfenced) boundaries of our site, and manage their needs (such as eating, drinking fluids and using the restroom).
- We understand that children are individuals and sometimes have varying abilities and unique needs. If your child requires additional support, please contact us to make a plan. If the child requires 1:1 support to attend, you must provide the support person as we are unable to meet this level of supervision within the program.
If this summer camp is full, please email us to be added to the waitlist email@example.com
Make sure you have selected CAD to see the proper price of $200 and pay in Canadian funds. If you are having difficulty with registration or payment, please try a different browser (chrome is the suggested browser) and clear your cookies/cache.
An email will go out prior to camp with more details about what to expect. Thank you for supporting TimberNook Elgin, Elgin County’s nature play program!
Barefoot and Buckets – TimberNook Elgin
Aug 23 - Aug 27
Times: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Ages: 4 - 7
4220 Thomas Road, Port Stanley, ON N5L1J2
Capacity: 21 (0 spots left)
$180.00 per child
We are sorry but this program is full. Please contact the provider to be put on the waitlist.